You can’t enjoy a baked apple on the go? You can! With our recipe for a spicy baked apple to go we show you how.
With fresh marzipan mascarpone, we reinterpret the classic xmas dessert. Together with spicy chili almond brittle, it rounds out the apple compote. Perfect for a Christmas stroll or if you want to surprise friends with a delicious homemade dessert. The best thing about it: In our thermal container, the baked apple to go stays warm for a long time, even when you’re outdoors.
For the baked apple compote:
- 4 apples (for example Boskop, Elstar or Jonagold)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1,5 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ bottle of rum flavoring
- peel the apples, quarter them and remove the core. Then cut the apples into small pieces and wash them briefly.
- soak raisins in a little lukewarm water with a dash of rum flavoring.
- put them in a pot and add a dash of water. Finally, add the lemon juice, vanilla sugar and sugar to the pot.
- if you like the applesauce a bit chunkier, save a handful of raw apple pieces and add them just a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- Now cover the pot and cook the apple pieces at a moderate temperature for about 10 – 15 minutes until soft. The consistency should be thick. Just before the end of the cooking time, add (the still raw apple pieces and) the drained raisins.
- Season to taste with a little cinnamon and pour the still warm applesauce into the thermal container.
For the vegan marzipan mascarpone:
- 50 g marzipan paste
- 1 organic orange
- 250 vegan mascarpone
- cut the marzipan paste into small cubes.
- Grate some peel from an organic orange and beat the grated peel together with 3 tablespoons of orange juice in a blender for 2 minutes on high speed until creamy. This is easier if you heat the marzipan briefly in the microwave. This will make it softer.
- Now slowly stir in the vegan mascarpone. Done!
For the almond brittle:
- Almond slivers
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Coarse salt
- Chili flakes
- heat sugar in a pan until it becomes liquid
- once the sugar has a golden brown color, add the almond slivers.
- toss in the liquid caramel until everything forms an even mass.
- then pour everything onto a spread baking sheet and smooth it out.
- Before the caramel cools, sprinkle with coarse sea salt and a pinch of chili flakes.
Enjoy your meal!
Esbit products: SCULPTOR food jug FJ750SC-BR