We were on the road with our large 1500 ml cook set with alcohol burner and enjoyed the break – with a creamy sweet potato curry! The curry tastes especially good with a great view of nature and fresh air in the nose.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 1,5 tsp curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 120 g rice
- 250 ml water
- 1 can of chickpeas (400 g)
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Finely dice the garlic, onion and ginger. Cut the chili pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds inside. Then also cut the chili pepper into small pieces.
- peel the sweet potato and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Choose a fireproof and stable surface for the place where you cook. Unpack the cooking set there, fill the spirit burner with methylated spirits and place it in the stand of the cooking set. Also pay attention to the instructions in the manual when setting up.
- light the burner with a match or lighter and then place the pot on the stand that fits.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, ginger and chili together briefly with a little oil in the pot, then add the sweet potato cubes and stir vigorously. Season with 1.5 tsp curry powder. The lid of the pot can be placed on the edge of the pot during cooking thanks to its suspension inside.
- then deglaze with the water, open the can of coconut milk and add the contents as well. Stir the whole thing once.
- Add the rice to the pot and let it cook in the curry. Stir regularly. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas from the can and add them to the pot last.
- Once the rice is firm to the bite and the sweet potato is soft, remove the pot from the cooking set and extinguish the flame with the flame regulator of the alcohol burner.
- finally transfer the finished curry to two plates, season with salt and pepper and season with the juice of half a lime.
Enjoy your meal!
Esbit products: Cookset CS1500HA